D2X is looking for our new Senior Network Engineer to join its office in Amsterdam!
What we do
D2X will be the first pan-European derivatives exchange for digital assets. Thanks to our regulatory-first approach, reliable trading interface and robust risk management, D2X will bridge the gap between Tech and Finance to facilitate the adoption of digital assets for institutions. D2X is focused on providing the safest infrastructure to accelerate the development of the asset class. Our ambition is to become the leading market infrastructure for digital assets, first in Europe and then across more geographies and asset classes. Working for D2X means being independent, creative, and adaptive.
Technology at D2X
Digital assets trade round-the-clock, 365 days a year. Therefore, we are constantly seeking the most advanced technology to offer a fast and reliable trading interface. Developing, testing and optimizing our codebase is the bread and butter of our Engineers.
What you'll do
- Deploy, monitor, troubleshoot and manage our on-premises and cloud network infrastructure;
- Accurately create and maintain documentation detailing the network components, as well as relevant procedures and other external documentation shared;
- Organize consulting calls with our members to support network onboarding and troubleshoot any network issues;
- Identify, recommend and implement network optimizations;
- Assist with planned maintenance (migrations, expansions, hardware and software upgrades);
- Provide technical expertise and support to the other teams that develop our high frequency trading applications;
- Work on tough challenges together with your fellow software and system engineers;
- Contribute to capacity planning and network flow optimization and automated network provisioning;
- Work flexible hours. Occasionally you will be working outside of regular business hours to apply critical changes.
Your Skills Set
- 5+ years experience in low latency network engineering;
- Vast knowledge of low-latency networking and network protocols like IP, BGP, MPLS, QoS, OSPF, ISIS, Multicast etc.;
- Experience with network monitoring, reporting, planning and incident management;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS networking primitives and enhanced networking configuration;
- Proactively improve our infrastructure through configuration and testing automation (e.g. Bash, Python, Terraform).
Next to the above, knowledge of the following is considered a plus:
- Sonicwall, Cisco routers and firewalls; Load-balancers;
- UniFi Networking;
- Knowledge of any modern programming language (C++, Rust)
What we offer
- Competitive compensation;
- Generous stock option plan;
- Learning experience in financial markets and digital assets;
- Bike compensated by the company, up to EUR 749;
- Commuting allowance EUR 0.21 cent per km/max of EUR 160 per month;
- Gym membership, up to EUR 35;
- A maximum of 27 days of annual leave based on full-time employment;
- Energetic, collaborative, and fun work culture;
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives.
Are you up for the challenge and do you want to join our team as our new Senior Network Engineer? We would love to get to know you!