D2X is looking for a Finance Manager to join its office in Amsterdam!
Are you goal-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong passion for the digital assets industry? Then keep reading!
What we do
D2X will be the first pan-European derivatives exchange for digital assets. Thanks to our regulatory-first approach, reliable trading interface and robust risk management, D2X will bridge the gap between Tech and Finance to facilitate the adoption of digital assets for institutions. D2X is focused on providing the safest infrastructure to accelerate the development of the asset class. Our ambition is to become the leading market infrastructure for digital assets, first in Europe and then across more geographies and asset classes.
Working for D2X means being independent, creative, and adaptive. Our culture of innovation and accountability creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career.
Finance & Accounting at D2X
As a soon to be regulated financial institution, we must always ensure reliable financial reporting. As an early stage company, we must also ensure prudential use of capital. The Finance & Accounting team at D2X will ensure these 2 goals are always met. Managing our finances efficiently is key to support the healthy development of D2X.
What you'll do
- Banking & Payments – managing relationship with the bank, cash management, overseeing and executing payments
- Payroll & Taxes – communicating with tax authorities, searching for new and obtaining tax benefits, filing for tax returns, preparing employee payslips
- Accounts & Receivables – ensuring correctness and efficiency in handling incoming invoices, laying the groundwork for efficient collection of accounts receivable
- Accounting Software – overseeing the migration to the new accounting software and managing it
- Internal Processes – defining new and refining existing internal finance and accounting processes, eg travel expenses and reimbursements
- General Ledger & Financial Statements – preparing financial statements on a yearly basis and liaising with auditors
- Financial Planning & Analysis – preparing expense reports, tracking and refining budget, cost management accounting, fixed asset accounting
What we are looking for
- Master’s degree in the areas of Accounting or chartered accountant Dutch certification
- 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Previous experience in the financial services industry and/or a start-up is a plus
- Great understanding of Dutch accounting
- Eager to assume responsibilities and learn new tasks
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Excellent analytical (Excel) skills
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch languages, both written and verbal
- Self-starter and independent learner excited to work as a part of a high-performing team
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Energetic, collaborative, and fun work culture
- Stock option plan for full-time employees
- Bike compensated by the company, up to EUR 749
- Gym membership, up to EUR 35
- A maximum of 27 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- Commuting allowance to the office (0.19 EUR/per km, up to 160 EUR per month)
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives
- Learning experience in financial markets and digital assets
- Premium office space with rich amenities in Amsterdam
You match the job description and do you want to join our team as our Finance Manager? Then, get in touch!